Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Halibut Cove

Gull Island and a cool sea cave. There were many, many gulls, puffins, cormorants and terns all living on this small island and because of all the birds, it really smelled BAD but was fun to see on our way to Halibut Cove.
Just a pretty picture!

The homes here in Halibut Cove are just so unique. Halibut Cove is surrounded by the Kenai Mountains and Katchemak Bay. You can only get there by boat or float plane.


Some of the homes, shops in Halibut Cove. I just loved this place - my favorite so far!

Another home that I liked.

As you enter the harbor at Halibut Cove. Did I mention I loved this place??!!!

Saltry's restaurant in Halibut Cove. Our lunch was just super here - great place to eat, their chowder was super, salmon wonderful and homemade bread - yum, yum!


Outside of Saltry's and I have too much stuff in my pouch - water bottle, keys, tissues, etc.
The Danny J, our boat for the trip to Halibut Cove.








No comments:

Post a Comment